The school strives to foster an environment in which every member of our school community is ‘safe, secure and valued’. In order to achieve this, we have developed our own Stourfield Junior School values which are as follows:
We value respect, support, consideration and patience.
We think these qualities are very important, not only in other people but also in ourselves and so we try to:
• Be friendly and polite.
• Use acceptable and appropriate language.
• Walk around the school building quietly, keeping to the left.
• Do as we are asked to do by all staff straight away.
• Look after personal and school property.
• Be helpful to those in need.
• Listen and value everyone’s contribution.
• Keep unhelpful hands, feet, objects and comments to ourselves.
The Head, Deputy, Assistant Headteachers and Pupil Welfare Manager are ultimately responsible for co-ordinating the pastoral care and promoting good behaviour within the school. However, class teachers and the senior leader in the Lower and Upper School should be consulted first if parents have concerns.